New F1 Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1910
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:49 Sat 15 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i should imagine we get all the european ones.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:11 Sat 15 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
As fans we should get The opener, Monaco, Montreal Silverstone, Hockenheim/Nurburgring, Monza, Spa, Singapore, Suzuka, Brazil, Abu Dhabi atleast. IMO these are either great races or just classic F1. (Exception of Abu Dhabi)

Would possibly add Malaysia, China, Hungary, Korea in there too...Actually stuff it. We should have them all...!

However I do think that as soon as the title can be decided, we should be able to get those races live.

I should imagine the reality will be the more boring races like Valencia....(Yawnnnn)

Although as I currently understand it the German broadcaster stream their programme on it's website. They use the FOM feed (same as BBC) so I'm hopeful I can watch that and have the 5Live commentary up with Crofty and Ant. Just gotta hope there isn't too much of a time difference between sound + pictures. (and that this is actually possible, still haven't tried it out yet)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:15 Sun 23 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
love F1 so bad it still could be stopped from going to sky but i doudt it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:22 Sun 23 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Barney Francis managing director of Sky Sports This is fantastic news for F1 fans and Sky Sports will be the only place to follow every race live and in HD We will give F1 the full Sky Sports treatment with a commitment to each race never seen before on UK television

As well as unrivalled build-up to each race on Sky Sports News, we will broadcast in depth live coverage of every session.

shut up lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:58 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Was good coverage on the Beeb today first race in a while were i have watched it all the way through from start to finish.

Good circuit; Poor Massa (again)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:56 Fri 25 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
BBC Races for 2012.

15 April: China
13 May: Spain
27 May: Monaco
24 June: Europe
8 July: Britain
2 September: Belgium
23 September: Singapore
14 October: Korea
4 November: Abu Dhabi
25 November: Brazil

So yeah..We don't get the start of the season, Suzuka, Monza or India. No Canada either!

Knew we;d get shafted. Though, atleast we can be grateful we have Monaco and Silverstone..

Of the other 10, there will be extended highlights programmes on BBC One, of either 90-minute or two-hour duration depending on race location.

Races in the Far Eastern time zone will have highlights broadcast on BBC One at 1400, with those in the European time zone getting 90 minutes at 1730.

The presentation team will be at all the races, including those that are not being broadcast live on BBC television. Full details of the team will be revealed at a later date. (From what i've heard Brundle is going off to sky, as is Crofty. Jake was approached from Sky to do the anchor role but apparently declined - legend!) Obviously we'll have to wait for confirmation.
cue_power
cue_power
23:23 Fri 25 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
8th of july ay...

I no what I'm doing on my birthday!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:41 Fri 25 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
mooney said:
BBC Races for 2012.

15 April: China
13 May: Spain
27 May: Monaco
24 June: Europe
8 July: Britain
2 September: Belgium
23 September: Singapore
14 October: Korea
4 November: Abu Dhabi
25 November: Brazil

So yeah..We don't get the start of the season, Suzuka, Monza or India. No Canada either!

Knew we;d get shafted. Though, atleast we can be grateful we have Monaco and Silverstone..

Of the other 10, there will be extended highlights programmes on BBC One, of either 90-minute or two-hour duration depending on race location.

Races in the Far Eastern time zone will have highlights broadcast on BBC One at 1400, with those in the European time zone getting 90 minutes at 1730.

The presentation team will be at all the races, including those that are not being broadcast live on BBC television. Full details of the team will be revealed at a later date. (From what i've heard Brundle is going off to sky, as is Crofty. Jake was approached from Sky to do the anchor role but apparently declined - legend!) Obviously we'll have to wait for confirmation.

I wish they went for Jonathan Legard. If I ever hear him again on BBC TV (as he does football commentary, which means I cannot watch Final Score anymore), I will not pay for my TV License
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:27 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't get me started.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:30 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Other tan china,spain and korea i would say they are some cracking circuits!
Would like lewis to win on sunday, He is the only one capable of beating Vettel as alonso said a few week ago.
Kimi raikonen is rumoured to be returning next year, Note he has as much charisma as Nigel Mansells Moustash!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:36 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Replace China with Abu Dhabi in that post. We get some good tracks, but we lose some classics. (Monza, Montreal and Suzuka)
m_wood
m_wood
20:02 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
That is really gutting to lose the Canadian Grand Prix. Fabulous race every year. And losing Australia, love that circuit. Oh and the Hungarong!

Vettel got his 15th Pole of the season. New Record.

Sky are launching a Formula 1 channel though.. any good we shall see, be interesting to know who they are gonna get on there

Do agree about Mr Legend Legard though, it is very strange hearing him do resports on Southend vs Swindon lol bit of a comedown.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:27 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
m_wood said:

Vettel got his 15th Pole of the season. New Record.

Yea but he has done 3 more races this season than what Mansell did in 92 was it?

m_wood said:

Sky are launching a Formula 1 channel though.. any good we shall see, be interesting to know who they are gonna get on there

It be Georgie Thompson hopefully
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:07 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Brundle is joining the sky channel next year.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:01 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I will miss Monza why they pick europe and abu dhabi there boring
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:57 Tue 29 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
topgearmad said:
I will miss Monza why they pick europe and abu dhabi there boring

I don't think they had much choice because of their (the BBC's) appalling negotiation of the deal in the first place. Since Sky are showing all the races anyway they should not have had any 'picks' at all because it it obvious to anyone with half a brain that they would make choices to block BBC coverage of key races (leaving the BBC with the dross) in order to increase the potential of people switching to Sky.

As an aside, if any of the races are dropped next year that are Sky exclusive (USA springs to mind) then by the terms of the agreement (whereby if there is an odd number Sky get preference) I wonder if they will take one of the better ones off the BBC or not.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:20 Tue 29 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Raikkonen returning to F1 with Renault next season.

Charles Pic will also replace D'Ambrosio at Virign next season.

Looks like we might lose a few western European races. Bernie wants a max of 5. (we are going to Russia in a few seasons. Though my geography isn't great and wouldn't know which tracks on the current calendar would classify as western europe. In my opinion would be best to alternate between around 8 or so tracks.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:45 Wed 30 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
glad Kimi is back what Bernie Eclkkleston is a idiot
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:57 Fri 9 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
and Kimi's teammate will now be.....

Romain Grosjean
mrmagic
mrmagic
Admin