Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11415
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:54 Tue 20 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
:/ I am a mclaren fan though grr

So am I. Hope this is just a year off for the 50-year-old team.

Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:58 Tue 20 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
:/ I am a mclaren fan though grr

So am I. Hope this is just a year off for the 50-year-old team.

Posted Image

When Honda become our engine supplier we will be unstoppable :D
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Sun 6 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Pirelli causes controversy once again... Glad Alonso is on our side.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:23 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm just dissapointed teams can only go to Pirelli and we don't have more tyre manufacturers in F1 for choice and competition
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:06 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Indy 05 anyone?

1 tyre manufacture is the best method for many reasons.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:15 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
That was the best race of the last 10 years
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:18 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Was the only way Ferrari could win a race that season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:23 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Am i the only one here who is not bored of Vettel winning ?

So many people complaining, I also think its wrong to boo him for doing what everyone tries to do ? win.

Hes good at what he does, sure he has a very good car, But you still got to drive, I think its good that someone is so consistant with wins and podiums and world titles.

Hamilton saying it 'turns off fans' is ridiculous, if it turns you off, you're not a F1 fan proper.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:38 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
They are boooing him because of his lack of respect to team rules. I think he's great, but would like to see some others at the front.

I agree, if your turned off by it, then don't watch, as this is what drivers in F1 aim for and the rewards that come with it.

I loved Vettels comments with Brundle, how the boo-ers are following him round on a bus tour lool.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:11 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Getting bored of the boos. it's silly now and it's beyond just booing for 'Multi21'. The majority probably do it for the sake of doing it now.

Saying that, Korea was the first race in a long time I didn't get up specifically to watch live.

It's funny, in football you boo your team because they are playing terrible. But in F1 you boo at the 1 guy who is doing well rather than the other 21 drivers who can't match him. Problem is for Vettel to gain respect regardless of what he achieves with Red Bull is he has to go to another team and do the same.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:58 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Bored of him winning, probably because I'm an Alonso fan though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:56 Thu 10 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Sebastian Vettel was booed wrongfully at the Singapore GP. He is not boring. He's just another Schumacher and Ferrari.

It's just that for me, Schumacher has more character.

Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull are breaking no rules, so there is no way they are cheating or gaining an unfair advantage. If they have been for the past few years, why are they even here? Also, there has been domination before. It's not uncommon you see drivers winning repetitively. Ferrari dominated. Renault dominated. McLaren dominated. In fact they almost won every race of the season in 1988 (15 out of 16!). Even when Formula 1 was in its infancy, there was domination, by Alfa Romeo in the very first F1 season in 1950. They won every race except the irrelevant Indy 500.

Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel must get their heads down and carry on. After all, all sport is about pushing the rules to the limits (think of how envious people were of Brawn GP's double diffuser, for example).

The real turn-offs in Formula 1, in my opinion, are Bernie's greed (I hear RB and SV are his favourites), politics, controversial Pirelli tyres, BBC's mistake to sell their coverage to Sky Sports, FIA's unforgivable regulations they force and spew out (cars are getting slower yearly) and the artificialness derived by DRS (though KERS is fine, tbh).

The good news is Lewis and Fernando have both criticised tyres, so we got some guys on our side.

PS Sorry for the long comment.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:01 Thu 10 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm just dissapointed teams can only go to Pirelli and we don't have more tyre manufacturers in F1 for choice and competition

If we get lucky, Michelin will step in for 2014. There is a chance, I believe... Hope the 2014 regulations put teams back in the real competition that makes the sport so exciting, especially McLaren, Williams and Caterham, who really should be scoring at least a point thanks to their prize money.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:50 Fri 11 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:51 Fri 11 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
No to Sky Sports!! :P
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:11 Fri 11 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
As soon as I heard the news, instantly I though she's probably took her own life. We'll see, must be hard coming to terms with those injuries and what you probably had planned for your F1 career, for it all to change in an instance.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:46 Fri 11 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
As soon as I heard the news, instantly I though she's probably took her own life. We'll see, must be hard coming to terms with those injuries and what you probably had planned for your F1 career, for it all to change in an instance.

So sad :(( but I agree with you that probs did happen
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:08 Sat 12 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Her eye loss does seemt o be an influence of some sort.

RIP lass.

And yeah, Sky Sports is a disgrace!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:32 Sun 27 Oct 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sebastian Vettel is the 2013 Formula 1 world champion!

Next target: Equal most wins in a season (13) and most consecutive wins (9) in a season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:40 Sun 27 Oct 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Fair play to him next season is Buttons season ;)
Pages: 11415
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New F1 Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.