si123
15:24 Mon 18 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
That post just proper annoyed me

'Vettel true legend'

Get into sowing instead of F1,
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
15:27 Mon 18 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
How can he not be a legend of the sport? He's setting records left right and centre. Winning constantly the guy is untouchable.

The argument about how superior his car is when he's compared the Schuey is invalid because at the time it was exactly the same scenario for Schuey he dominated because of his car, regardless what people might want you to think.
si123
si123
15:43 Mon 18 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
You'll see next year, I think that's his last world Championship Kimi in the Ferrari is a far better driver along with Alonso who's probably the best on the circuit. I'll give him credit for what he's achieved but I'd never class him as a legend, Schuey was a people champion, Davies in snooker a people champion Beckham in football was a people champion.. Vettel is probably more disliked than liked in F1.

I can't wait for the day he starts dropping down in position to a position that will match his cocky attitude
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:28 Mon 18 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Next season you will have one of the best drivers of this generation back in a car suited to him, kimi is back at Ferrari and it won't take long before vettel is seeing he back of that Ferrari more often than not, he is the safest driver on circuit he has had more consecutive point and race finishes than any other driver and he will not be bullied by alonso.

Vettel is a good driver but overrated due to his car being leaps and bounds above everyone, when the commentators talk even they say "red bull are superior" they don't say its vettel. Next season will see proper racing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:30 Mon 18 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Next season will see proper racing.

I echo that. I think the standards of Formula 1 are so wrong that it's putting people off, real F1 fans or not.

Perhaps Vettel's dominance is the reason, or probably a reason, why 2014 will see a new era.

It's so diabolical that it's hard to believe in the reality. Some think Formula 1 is just moving on from a golden era to another dominating legend with just a tad less character and idol, others think Bernie Ecclestone has overwhelmingly rigged his game into the favour of his friends so much for money that it's made the sport so artificial. The 2014 regulations will be the final straw unless they do improve racing.

My personal belief is that ever since Bernie deemed overtaking "impossible", it's impossible for drivers to show their raw, natural talent, mainly due to this pointless DRS idea (seriously, Bottas didn't need it to overtake to get 8th position at the USA, well done to him! Why don't you just scrap it, FIA?!). KERS is okay, but ERS will be better, I think (160 BHP for 33 seconds, that should make overtaking more of an appropriate challenge).

2013 has been the worst Formula 1 season I have ever followed, and definitely the worst season ever. There can't be much racing incentive with tacky toy cars trying to adapt outrageous regulations spewed out by FIA. It's disappointing, uninteresting and wrong. Bernie and FIA are disasters and should be ashamed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:32 Mon 18 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Alonso is the best driver in the sport....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:33 Mon 18 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Alonso is the best driver in the sport....

Not all time obviously
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:13 Mon 18 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's quite harsh to say that Vettel is not a legend. Even in the same car he consistently outperforms Webber and I think you should check out Singapore this season when he needed to gain about 20 seconds after the safety car and was 2 seconds per lap quicker than anyone else on the track. No car, no matter how good is 2 seconds per lap quicker than all of the others. The guy is special
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:55 Tue 19 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Moderator:
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't follow our forum rules. Replies may also be deleted.

For more detail see http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewPostingRules.do
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:07 Tue 19 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's quite harsh to say that Vettel is not a legend. Even in the same car he consistently outperforms Webber and I think you should check out Singapore this season when he needed to gain about 20 seconds after the safety car and was 2 seconds per lap quicker than anyone else on the track. No car, no matter how good is 2 seconds per lap quicker than all of the others. The guy is special

I suppose he's special because he opens the gap by 2 seconds to rewrite the record books, so fair enough. However, I do feel that Pirelli tyres, DRS and that floor upgrade are of too big benefit for Red Bull. I think the sport has become a fix. It's not going to work if other teams just follow Red Bull's physics and hope for everything in the world. FIA should be encouraging competitive racing for the benefit of their rivals, especially McLaren. Domination may be very common in sport but it's never been at such an anti F1-fan level before. Too much money and politics are getting involved. The sport needs to be about racing before it continues to go from bad to worse.

Maybe I'm just brainwashed into myths.

The best motor sport with racing is in touring cars, where it really relies on tight racing, overtaking by drive, not the car, and awesome overtaking battles. Maybe I should watch that instead of being a mclarenguy...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:47 Thu 21 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  

Thanks, we feel so much better now we know your place in the pecking order of society

Edited by forum moderator mrmagic, at 20:19 Fri 22/11/13 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:32 Fri 22 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
One race left. I hope Mercedes finish runner-up.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:27 Sat 23 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
They will. Alonso has struggled this second part of the season, Well finishing lower than they would like.

I expect Hamilton and Rosberg to come 4th and 6th around there. With Alonso possibly 5th and Massa 10th
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:15 Sat 23 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Did you know that Sebastian Vettel has worn over 100 different helmets in 120 races?

What if the rules changed?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:57 Sun 24 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
And another season draws to a close, ending with one of the most disgusting race decisions FIA have ever made (in my opinion). Lewis Hamilton's drive-through was wrong. It was just a racing incident.

My Dad almost switched the TV off before Vettel started his final lap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:08 Sun 24 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
I totally agree. I didn't see the race, just the podium and highlights, couldn't agree more about how unfair Lewis drive-through was.

However, Vetel, what a man, an although he aint my fav, I cannot deny the guy the rewards he deserves for a totally outstanding season. Hope the new engines mix things up abit come Australia in March 2014 !!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:40 Sun 24 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes, I really hope so, however, I feel the 2014 regulations are the only hope left. If they're not good enough, it's all over in terms of people keeping interest. My father is always so negative and grumbling away about the fix.

People are losing interest in the sport because they feel that the sport is marginalising due to ridiculous regulations. If that's true, well, not even Sky Sports deserves a contract to the coverage.

It was very sad seeing what BBC did at the very end. They covered a Red Bull car up very slowly and the V8 sound was shrinking into a fake V6. It almost made me cry!

You have just got to appreciate Vettel and Red Bull, really, no matter whether they are Bernie's favourites or not. He may not be a "legend" to everyone out there but come on, it's not like he's cheating! The sport has always been about man and machine. It's just on a completely new level.

As well as new engines, teams will face a harder down-force challenge with smaller wings (front wings will be 165 cm across, compared to the previous 180 cm). But the most concerning regulation, by far, is the weight limits, (690 kg, as it stands, an increase in 48 kg from 2013) which have been warned by Renault, concerned by big drivers and deemed 'disgraceful' by Nigel Mansell.

The V6 era begins in 111 days time, as of the end of the Brazilian GP. Hope they get the sport back under control again!
Pages: 11617
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New F1 Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.